The Office of Administration (ADMO), is located in the Administration Building (N6). It consists of two subordinate sections – Human Resources Section (HRS) and Procurement Section (PCT), as well as the Language Services Team and the General Office. The main duties of ADMO are as follows:
- To set principles, standards and procedures for general administrative measures;
- To promote quality management in administrative areas and to adopt a systematic approach to evaluate and improve the administration performance, in order to raise the service quality and environmental efficiency;
- To assist in the administrative process of staff recruitment, appointments, promotions and transfers in accordance with the Personnel Statute of UM, to coordinate the allocation of human resources to various units, and to provide staff training and development;
- To handle affairs related to staff benefits, and to assist in setting and executing disciplinary processes and mechanisms for complaints and appeals to resolve personnel conflicts;
- To give advice on revision of the Personnel Statute of UM;
- To set regulations for internal operations related to acquisition of goods and services, tender and consultation, and ensure that they are rigorously implemented.
The Human Resources Section carries out six main functions:
- Recruitment and On-Boarding;
- Compensation and Benefits;
- Policy Development and Organizational Efficiency;
- Employee Affairs and Appointment;
- Employee Development and Retention;
- Administration and Compliance Support.
The Procurement Section serves the University in three main areas:
- Acquisition of Goods;
- Acquisition of Services;
- Acquisition of Works.
The Language Services Team provides below services to the University:
- Translating (Chinese, English and Portuguese);
- Interpreting (Chinese, English and Portuguese);
- Writing (Mainly English and Chinese);
- Editing (Mainly English and Chinese).